Tuesday, June 8, 2021

AECP-Clean and Simple Boutique Cards

                                    This is a long post-grab a cup of coffee!


This class was so, so much fun!  Each technique was one I wanted to try & I did!  I made so many more samples than the ones here, but wanted to share these with you.  For the above cards, the stamped background was the technique. I used a color wheel to choose complimentary colors & really like this color combo. It is one that will be used again & again. Both cards use the same colors, just different stamps.  The diamond shaped stamped background is not as random in appearance as the other background. Below are closer looks at each card.



Another technique was foiling.  I must admit that I have had several sheets of foil in my stash for quite some time.  This class encouraged me to get them out to experiment & I did alot of it!  Not all attempts were successful, but I had fun with the process.
The dragonfly wings were stamped in a coral color along with the sentiment & partial flowers in the top right corner.  The dragonfly was stamped using VersaMark Ink & then heat embossed using clear embossing powder.  When that was done, I cut a piece of foil to cover the embossed piece, laid it on top (shiny side up), placed my cardstock in a parchment sleeve & ran it through a laminator set on 5ml.  It helps to run your cardstock through a second time for good coverage.  Let your piece cool & then peel off the foil.  Here is a close up of all that shine & sparkle!

There was a lot of foiling happening in my craft room as you can tell by these next examples.  Below is a card made using the Majestic Bloom stamp set. I used the 3rd layer of the bloom to stamp in a coral color, then stamped the outline using VersaMark Ink & embossed with clear embossing powder.  Two of the small leaves were stamped around the bloom with VersaMark Ink & then embossed as well.  Using the same process as the dragonfly, I applied the foil. The sentiment is from the Paint-A-Flower Anemone set.  For added interest splatters were added along with embossed lines at the top.  The card front was adhered to an A2 card front.


Here is a close up of all that sparkle.

One more example using foil! This one is the easiest-apply double sided tape to your card front, cover tape with foil (shiny side up), rub lightly with your finger & then remove the foil piece-instant shine! The flower is one in the Stunning Cosmos set, the leaves are from Watercolor Blooms & the sentiment is from
Japanese Mum.  All were stamped in black ink and a little pink was ink blended into the center of the bloom. The foil used was a very shiny pink. The cardstock color is light gray.  This was adhered onto an A2 card front.






And here is another one!  Our homework was to use a speciality paper.  The paper for this card was a metallic silver, backed with a purple cardstock & adhered to a white card front.  The flower is from the Dotted Blooms set, stamped in black ink & then colored with matching purple ink.  I cut 2 more blooms & adhered them to the stamped one for added dimension. Black gems were placed in the flower centers. The sentiment was embossed with black embossing powder onto white cardstock, fussy cut & then adhered with foam dots. 


I hope you received some inspiration to try these techniques.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Altenew April Inspiration Challenge

It has been a long winter here! I woke up to snow on the ground again! Next winter may be a time for travel to a warmer climate! This m...