Friday, February 4, 2022

AECP-Layering 3D Dies & More

 Another class from Altenew has done it again!  This class focused on using dies and not stamps.  My plan was to make cards with minimal or no stamping-just using dies.  Let's get started.


I started this card by cutting the Floral In-N-Out Border die from masking paper and adhering it to my card front.  I then used Altenew Alcohol Markers R301, R206, R403 and G702 to color through the openings in the die.  I then removed the masking paper and touched up a few areas.  After using the same die to cut another out of black cardstock, I adhered it to my card front.  The strip along the left side and the sentiment are cut from Dazzling Diamond cardstock.  The sentiment is from the dies for the Majestic Bloom set.  A few crystal gems are added for a tiny bit of bling. I also rounded my top and bottom edges on the right side.


With Valentines Day close, we all could use "love" cards.  I will have to admit, this card got a little messy!  After cutting the hearts and the You Are Loved from heavy white cardstock, I covered them with VersaMark ink.  I then added Red, Black and Silver embossing powders in random order and heat set.  I then added 2 more layers of cardstock to my sentiment.  I had a cover plate in my stash to make the pierced heart background.  After adhering my pieces to the pierced background, I attached it to a red A2cardfront.


This card can be completed in about 10 minutes and is one of my favorites!  I looked through my scrap stash (we all have them) and found some bright, coordinating colors.  I then used the Waterbrush Hello die on each piece.  I adhered them to my cardfront  and then used the Mod Squares 3D Embossing Folder for dimension.  After this was done, I ran the Antique Gold Pigment Ink Pad over the card lightly.  This card is one that can be used for a wide variety of ages. 

This post was short but these cards were a joy to create.  Until next time-

Happy Stamping!

1 comment:

Altenew April Inspiration Challenge

It has been a long winter here! I woke up to snow on the ground again! Next winter may be a time for travel to a warmer climate! This m...