Thursday, September 16, 2021

AECP-Level 2-Beyond Basic Backgrounds


 As I continue my learning process with these wonderful classes, I have come to realize how little I know! This class was taught by the talented Lydia Evans and was very inspirational.  I am very anxious to try a technique using freezer paper, but need to purchase some first!  

To make the above card, I cut multiple leaves from the Antique Roses set into masking paper.  I positioned it over a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" piece of white cardstock.  I then inked the leaves using Sea Forest, Coral Bliss and Honey Drizzle. The outline image was stamped in Caramel Toffee.  To add more interest to the background, I stamped a small image from the same set using 2nd generation stamping in Mocha ink.  The sentiment is from the Japanese Mum set. The top of the sentiment was stamped using Caramel Toffee and the bottom in Mocha.  I then stamped the sentiment in Versa Mark ink & heat embossed it using clear embossing powder. The edges of my art piece were inked using Sea Forest & the inside was lightly ink blended using Misty Moor ink.  A matching strip if cardstock & ribbon complete this card.


Here is a close up of the different colors in the leaves.  


This picture show the color gradation of the sentiment.


This card uses the same technique, but I heat embossed the veins of the leaves using a copper embossing powder.  My copper cardstock wasn't an exact match, so I heat embossed the right side of my card using the same embossing powder.   The leaves are from the Majestic Bloom set and the sentiment is from the Faithful Feather set.


These 2 cards were made by ink blending Distress Oxide inks onto my background, letting them dry thoroughly and then stamping with a stamp spritzed with water. I have never used water to stamp with before, so this technique was another new one for me.  Both of these cards will be on their way to hopefully brighten someone's day soon.

Happy Stamping!

2 comments:

  1. so gorgeous!! Love your cards! Thank you for submitting your wonderful work to the AECP assignment gallery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m so interested to see what you do with freezer paper! I hope you send Papa to the store soon and then show us all what you can create. As usual, these cards are all very beautiful and creative. So glad your blog is back!

    ReplyDelete

Altenew April Inspiration Challenge

It has been a long winter here! I woke up to snow on the ground again! Next winter may be a time for travel to a warmer climate! This m...