Tuesday, October 12, 2021

AECP Level 2-Creative Watercolor Media

 As I take each class, I am so amazed at all of the cardmaking talent out there.  This class was taught by Jenn Rzasa, Debby Hughes and Laura Bassen. Each instructor has her own style and I learned tips from each one.  I must admit, this is one class I was really hesitant to take as I am slightly intimidated by watercoloring.  I am pleased with my results and hope you are too.


I white heat embossed several images from the Perfectly Perfect stamp set onto a watercolor panel.  I then wet my panel and added watered down reinkers in blue, green and yellow.  I loosely used my stamped images for color placement, but didn't mind if colors ran outside the lines.  This is the loose look I was going for. After this dried, I cut the panel down and adhered it to my card front at an angle-a tip from Jennifer McGuire.  My sentiment is the Miss You word die cut from a coordinating card stock.  


This is a close up of the watercolored panel.  I added a few sequins to finish the card.  This card was fun to create and quick as well.

The background for this card was done by a Smooshing Technique.  I placed ink pads face down onto a slick nonstick surface ( a large piece of acetate will work) in a random pattern, spritzed with water and dipped the watercolor paper into it.  I repeated this process until I was satisfied with the results and set it aside to dry.  When my panel was dry, I heat embossed the flower from Paint A Flower-Hydrangea in gold. Below is the panel before adding color.


I then used reinkers to watercolor my image.  After this was dry, I added a few splatters in matching colors using reinkers as well. 


The sentiment is from the Ornamental Bliss set and was gold heat embossed onto a white strip and backed with a green coordinating cardstock strip.

My last example is a very simple card, but I wanted the focus to be on the flower.  After heat embossing the image from the Coneflower set in Copper onto watercolor paper, I watercolored it using Honey Drizzle, Hunter Green and Mocha inks.


To complete the card, I dry embossed a white cardstock panel with a dotted embossing folder.  I cut a smaller piece of cardstock, dry embossed it in a linen folder and added some extra interest by running my Sand Dune mini ink cube over it.  I attached it to a Copper Foil piece of cardstock and then popped my Coneflower on that.  I did add two layers of cardstock beneath my Coneflower for added dimension.


I hope you enjoyed these samples and picked up some inspiration along the way. 

Happy Stamping!

1 comment:

  1. SO SO SO gorgeous!! LOVE everything you made!
    Thank you for submitting your work to the AECP assignment gallery.

    ReplyDelete

Altenew April Inspiration Challenge

It has been a long winter here! I woke up to snow on the ground again! Next winter may be a time for travel to a warmer climate! This m...