Tuesday, November 30, 2021

AECP-Level2-With A Twist

 I have completed another fantastic class in the Altenew classroom!  These classes are wonderful and each one is filled with techniques and tips to take your cardmaking and crafting up a notch.  This class is named With A Twist and was such a delight.  Therese Calvird is the instructor and so easy to follow. 



My first example is using a stamp in a slightly different way than it's designed use.  I started by stamping the Ranunculus outline stamp with Versa Mark ink and heat embossing it onto a blue cardstock.  For the second layer, I used only one of the shadow stamps and stamped it in Sapphire Ink. For the background, I ran two pieces of cardstock (one silver and one white) through my die cutting machine using the Dotted Scales Debossing Die.  I adhered these to my card front and attached a matching cardstock strip for added detail.  I then popped my flower and added a sentiment from the same set heat embossed in silver as well.


Here is a close up of the Ranuculus bloom.  I really like how this turned out and have another one in my stash for another card.


The above card used a different cut from the normal A2 design.  I have had this Ornamental Bliss stamp set for awhile and only used the sentiments.  That is really the reason I purchased it, but decided to use it for this design.  I think it worked well.  It is very easy to line up the layers.  The most difficult part is deciding which colors to use!  My color choices were Vineyard Berry, Amethyst, Caramel Toffee, Maple Yellow, Sweet Leaf and Galactic Stream. A few of my colors were not bright enough for my liking, so I brightened them up with Prisma Color Pencils.  After die cutting my stamped pieces, I adhered them to my circle card front.  The card front is ink blended in Sweet Leaf and the sentiment is stamped in Galactic Stream. I also added a few gems.


My final card used the twist of "inside out".  The front of the card depicts an indoor scene and the inside of the card is an outdoor scene.  I used five different stamp sets for this card and some of them are discontinued.  I mix and match my sets and I encourage you to try it as well. I did place a piece of acetate in the window for my glass.


I used Kraft cardstock for my window and lightly ink blended a darker brown for added detail.


After stamping the inside, I colored my images and used a Versa Mark Pen to the trees. I then heat embossed some white for snow.  The sentiment is from the Holiday Flower set and the Altenew ink colors used were Hunter Green, Just Green and Heart Beat.  If you would like the details of this card, please email me and I will give them to you.

Happy Stamping!

1 comment:

Altenew April Inspiration Challenge

It has been a long winter here! I woke up to snow on the ground again! Next winter may be a time for travel to a warmer climate! This m...