Tuesday, December 28, 2021

AECP-Level 2 Challenge-Part 2

The next part of the challenge was an upcycled/recycled project.  I had a certain project in mind, but as I was decorating for Christmas, I found an old decoration and decided to make something to inspire me in my craft area.  I don't have a craft room as such-my husband and I share our unfinished basement space for our hobbies. Here is the decoration I used.


I began by painting the interior white.  I then heat embossed 2 of the flower images from Vintage Garden stamp set using Rose Gold  Embossing powder onto watercolor paper.  I adore this stamp set!


Using the Watercolor Essential 12 pan set, I colored the stamped images.  After letting them dry, I used the coordinating dies to cut them out.  I also used 3 of the leaves in the set using the same technique.

For the background, I ink blended Stormy Sky and Tattered Rose Distress Oxide inks onto white cardstock.  For added interest, I stamped a text background using Silver Lake ink.  I wanted the sentiment to pop, so I used the same background technique on a separate piece of cardstock. I then stamped the sentiment, using gray and black inks to achieve a vintage look.  After cutting the sentiment piece, I dipped the edges into Versa Mark ink and heat embossed them using Rose Gold.  TIP-BE SURE TO HEAT FRONT AND BACK SIDES OF THE SENTIMENT PIECE.  

I did cut one of the flower images and arranged them onto the stamped cardstock.  The center flower image has one layer of cardstock behind it for some added dimension.  I also added 2 layers of cardstock behind the sentiment.  A few sequins finishes the project.


I hope this inspires you to try new things!  And the Altenew classes are a great place to start. 

Happy Stamping!



2 comments:

  1. Wow, these are great! The Christmas sign kind of makes me want to decorate again for the holidays! You are rocking these challenges. I always love to see your creativity and use of vibrant colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is gorgeous! I love the softness of the piece and also the pop of the pink. Its both vibrant and soft-looking at the same time! It is hard to explain. Beautiful job, Vicki!
    Thank you for submitting your work to the AECP assignment gallery.

    ReplyDelete

Altenew April Inspiration Challenge

It has been a long winter here! I woke up to snow on the ground again! Next winter may be a time for travel to a warmer climate! This m...