Thursday, June 23, 2022

Hot Foiling

 Hello!  I hope everyone is having a great day and looking forward to your weekend.  I recently completed my journey into the Altenew world and am now a certified educator.  This program is fantastic for those wanting to improve their card making skills and techniques.

Today's post is using a new to me technique-hot foiling.  I must say, I am hooked.


This card turned out prettier than I imagined!  I hot foiled the Altenew Eucalyptus Wreath onto white cardstock using silver foil.  I then used the matching stencil to color in the leaves using Sweet Leaf and Aqualicious Altenew inks.  The sentiment is from the Enjoy Life stamp set.  It is heat embossed with silver embossing powder.  To finish the card, I add a few sequins and gems.


The above card was hot foiled using gold foil and the Autumn Leaf Border plate from Spellbinders.  All of the sentiments are from the Enjoy Life stamp set from Altenew and heat embossed using gold embossing powder.  This set has lots of great sentiments.  I colored the leaves using various Altenew Artist Markers in green shades. I added a few gold gems, trimmed the edge, attached a strip of matching cardstock and that's it.

Both of these cards came together quickly and turned out beautifully!  

Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Altenew April Inspiration Challenge

It has been a long winter here! I woke up to snow on the ground again! Next winter may be a time for travel to a warmer climate! This m...