Tuesday, February 7, 2023

Using Dies as Stencils

These cards were made using the Altenew Ratton Stripes Die. I cut it from masking paper. The card on your left was inked using the main die cut and the card on your right used the strips left over from the main die cut.
e="clear: both;">
I used Rhodolite Ink to ink blend the background. It doesn't show in the pictures, but the background is also spritzed with Altenew Antique Silver Ink Spray. The flowers were cut using Altenew Watercolor Garden Layering Die Set and inked using several blue shades of Altenew inks. I cut the leaves from the same set using some silver glitter paper from my endless stash.
Above is just a close up of the flowers. I did apply ink to white cardstock to achieve the perfect color for my sentiment.
I used the strips of masking paper from the die cut to mask off a pattern in the top left corner of this card and ink blended it. I then placed it in the Altenew Modern Squares Embossing Folder at an angle and ran it through my Platinum machine. I then lightly inked it for added interest. After playing around with several ideas, I discovered this element on my desk and thought it went well. It was created using bleach on colored cardstock- but that is for another blog post! I did cut a tiny strip of foil cardstock to tie the two areas together. I hope this post encourages you to use your supplies in other ways! Happy Stamping!

Altenew April Inspiration Challenge

It has been a long winter here! I woke up to snow on the ground again! Next winter may be a time for travel to a warmer climate! This m...