Friday, June 4, 2021

AECP-All About Layering 2

 


The All About Layering Class was helpful & inspired me to try layering stamps in new ways.  I usually  stamp my outline stamps in black but chose a different route this time.

It was so exciting to get some new ink colors from Altenew!  Yellow is not one of my favorite colors BUT I really love these colors in the Sunflower Field set.  The ink covers the stamps smoothly which creats beautiful layers for florals. I am so happy with the way this turned out. The layering stamp set used in today's card is Japanese Mum.

I usually stamp my outline stamp in black ink, but decided to use Caramel Toffee for today’s sample. The other layers were Citrus Burst, Maple Yellow, & Honey Drizzle.  I also decided to change up the colors for the leaves a little.  The outline was stamped using Hunter Green & the layers were stamped using Dew Drops, Sweet Leaf, & Teal Cove. This gave the leaves a hint of blue.



I then die cut the stamped images using a die cut machine.  I added 2 layers of cardstock to one of the flowers for dimension.  For the corner piece, I started with a circle die cut from Kraft card stock, embossed it with a basket weave embossing folder & then inked a few areas with Caramel Toffee for a slightly weathered look.

After adhering it to the corner of a top folding A2 card, I cut off the excess, arranged my florals & leaves & then cut off the excess of the Japanese Mum.  A few gold sequins were added for a finishing touch.


Wink of Stella adds a little sparkle to these flowers.  I hope you can see that in this close up. 

Thanks for stopping by!


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love your blog, and creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it was an excellent call to go with Caramel Toffee for your outline! It looks amazing!
    Beautiful work, Vicki! Thank you for submitting your beautiful work to the AECP assignment gallery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning! Wouldn't you just love to get a card in the mail that looks like THIS!! Love that basket weave in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great choice in using the caramel toffee! Now I want a coffee! haha!

    ReplyDelete

Altenew April Inspiration Challenge

It has been a long winter here! I woke up to snow on the ground again! Next winter may be a time for travel to a warmer climate! This m...