Monday, July 5, 2021

AECP-For The Guys


 Another great AECP class is completed!  This was a very fun class & Jennifer is so encouraging!  The above card utilizes ink blending to form the galaxy effect.  I started with a piece of  white cardstock & ink blended Maple Yellow, Coral Bliss, Aqualicious, & Grape Agate into the center.  I then used Galactic Stream to blend those colors.  After this, black was ink blended over the whole piece with a more concentrated color on the edges.  When this was dry, I thinned down some white acrylic paint & splattered on the piece for the stars.  Be careful to cover your workspace as this can get a little messy(ask me how I know).  I cut 2 of  the Layered Cityscape Cover Die B out of black cardstock.  Behind this piece, I placed a shimmer piece of cardstock to simulate light in a dark building. After adhering all the pieces together, I attached it to a top folding A2 card.  Below is a close up of the card.


My next card is my take on Jennifer's geometric design.  I don't have any geometric type stamps so this is what I came up with. It is very simple in design but uses a "female" stamp set to form a "male" card.  The stripes were made using the stem from Stunning Cosmos.  I stamped it in alternating blues to form the stripes.  The colors used were Azurite, Persian Blue & Arctic. I cut varying size circles & inked the edges. After adhering them to a 3 1/4" x 5 3/4" white cardstock, I rounded each corner. The edges of the slimline card were inked in Persian Blue to match the striped circles. Using the negative from my striped piece as a stencil, I then stamped the envelope to match. The sentiment is from the Ornamental Bliss stamp set. This size card fits nicely into a regular envelope.

  

This class also mentioned boys & not just guys.  Since my boys are all 4 and under, primary colors seemed appropriate.  This card is very simple & quick. 




The above card was made with my dad in mind.  His birthday is in July & he is a veteran.  This card is definitely going in the mail to him soon.

My last card was fun to create.  Using the Shutter Cover Die, I cut one out of black cardstock & one out of white cardstock. I then adhered the white piece onto an A2 cardfront. The "negative" pieces from the  black die cut were then inlaid & adhered into the negative places of the white shutter die. The Tropical Toucan was stamped in black ink & colored with Copic markers. The only black alcohol marker I have is a sparkly one, so my toucan is sparkly.  The greeting is black heat embossed & I backed my toucan with a matching yellow cardstock for added color & dimension.  I think a very appropriate greeting for this card on the inside is - Toucan Do It!



Now on to my next class!






3 comments:

  1. I love these cards. The technique is really cool especially the city scape. Love the detail of that one. I’d be a happy recipient of any of these cards. Keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVEEEE the guy cards, Vickie!! Looks like you had a blast creating! Thank you for submitting your wonderful work to the AECP assignment gallery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The city scape card is just incredible! Are you sure you really made that? It looks like it came out of a fancy print shop. I know one little boy who would love the fun birthday card in August!!

    ReplyDelete

Altenew April Inspiration Challenge

It has been a long winter here! I woke up to snow on the ground again! Next winter may be a time for travel to a warmer climate! This m...