Thursday, July 8, 2021

AECP-Irresistible Inking Techniques




 These AECP classes are so, so much fun & the techniques can be used with so many stamp sets & styles!  This card utilizes 3 of the techniques taught in this class-direct ink to paper (on the edge of my focal piece, block stamping (using your acrylic block as a stamp) & painting with your inks (the flower petals on my focal piece).  


The close up shows the painting technique better.  I first inked my acrylic block with Sea Forest, then spritzed with water & stamped it onto thick white cardstock. Be sure your inked area is dry before continuing.  I used my heat tool. I then embossed my flower from the Dotted Blooms stamp set with gold embossing powder.  To color my petals, I placed my ink cube on a non-porous surface, spritzed with a little water & used a paint brush to color the petals. The edges were inked by applying the ink cube directly to the edges. Dimension was added to this piece with 2 more pieces of cardstock adhered to the back.  The sentiment is from the Paint A Flower Daffodil set. I only used one color of ink for this card but did add some extra bling with the gold glitter washi tape from my stash.


This card is so simple but fun. It utilizes the same technique as the one above. I stamped my focal point several times on my card front in  Iceberg Ink for added interest. The inks I used were Iceberg, Azurite, Maple Yellow & Sweet Leaf. My focal point is from Starry Flowers & heat embossed in black.  The sentiment is from Paint A Flower-Anemone. Below is a close up.






My flower for this card & the next is from the Kind Reminders set.  I really love all the images in this set. I heat embossed the image using copper embossing powder and painted the image using the same technique as before. The leaves were painted using Just Green & Hunter Green.  The flower was painted using Plum & Amethyst. The sentiment is from the same set & heat embossed in copper. 


I added splatters by mixing my Plum & Amethyst inks. When everything was dry, I adhered the white thick cardstock to a piece of copper foil cardstock & then adhered that to an A2 card.



This card is very similar to the one before, using the same stamp from Kind Reminders. The focal image is heat embossed using black embossing powder.  This time I used Dew Drops for the leaves & Plum & Gray Denim for the flower.  I also added darker shades by using the Kind Reminders Stencil.  This added a bit more dimension without any added layers. The sentiment is stamped in black ink & popped up using foam squares.  It is from the Starry Flowers set. I added a few black gems, mounted the piece onto black cardstock & adhered it to an A2 card.

I hope you found some inspiration today.  Happy Stamping!

2 comments:

  1. These cards remind me so much of you! I think it’s the “painting” technique… one of your best gifts. I love the Sea Forest design the most. Very intricate and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards!! The first one is my favourite! Thank you for submitting your wonderful work to the AECP assignment gallery.

    ReplyDelete

Altenew April Inspiration Challenge

It has been a long winter here! I woke up to snow on the ground again! Next winter may be a time for travel to a warmer climate! This m...